Healthy Green Smoothie with a Protein Kick
A recent visit to my doctor ended with a prescription to ‘lose some weight and eat better’. Along with a suggestion to cut out some carbohydrates, the doctor wanted me to add more protein to my diet.
So when I can across this recipe on Yahoo (credited to Lily Kunin of Clean Food Dirty City), I figured it would be a good share for SmoothieRecipe.TV. She dubbed it the Morning Warrior Smoothie Bowl.
Morning Warrior Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mango (optional)
- 2 handfuls of greens (kale, spinach, romaine, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein
- 1 tablespoon soaked flax seeds
- Small piece of ginger
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Dash turmeric
- Pour coconut water and lemon juice to a blender
- With blender on high, add all remaining ingredients.
- Drink as-is, or pour in a bowl and top with blueberries or other fresh fruit.
Learn more at the original post on Yahoo.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter