Apple Smoothie Recipes make use of one of the readily available fresh fruits in the United States — the apple.
Apples are not only available fresh, but also frozen, juiced and in applesauce. Each of these can be used to make delicious apple smoothie recipes, no matter what time of year.
Why Make Apple Smoothie Recipes?
There are many reasons to make an apple smoothie:
- Apples are a great source of antioxidants.
- Apples are a great source of fiber — an average apple contains more fiber than most fiber cereals contain in a bowl.
- Apple smoothie recipes can be made with whole apples, providing all the goodness an apple contains.
- You can usually substitute any of the hundreds of varieties of apples when you make apple smoothie recipes.
- Thanks to modern storage facilities, fresh apples are available 365 days a year.
Pure Apple Smoothie
1 cup 100% apple juice
2 Grannie Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1 1/2 pints frozen vanilla yogurt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Pour apple juice into blender. Add apples to apple juice. Pulse blender a few times to blend. Add frozen yogurt and cinnamon. Increase speed to high and blend 10-15 seconds. Pour into glasses (makes two servings) and enjoy, or place into freezer until ready to consume.
Apple Ginger Delight
1 apple, chopped and peeled
Fresh Ginger, peeled, 1/2-inch slice
2 limes, juiced
1/4 cup honey
1 cup water
2 cups ice
Start by adding lime juice, honey, water and honey to a blender. Pulse a couple times to blend. Add apple and ginger. Blend for 10 seconds. Add ice and blend until smooth. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
Share Your Apple Smoothie Recipes
I’d love it if you shared any Apple Smoothie Recipes you enjoy!